The sense of smell is a tool that can elicit powerful physiologic, mental, and emotional responses. What Merlin can do to mix oils for me to woo Guinevere is amazing. Here’s what happens. Essential oils are quickly absorbed by the smell receptors, which have a direct link to the limbic system by way of the olfactory nerve. The limbic system is part of the brain that supports a variety of functions including smell, emotions, behavior, and memory. For this reason, essential oils have an especially powerful effect via aromatic application.
Some essential oils induce uplifting or invigorating effects, while others are more calming. Diffusion is one of the simplest methods for using essential oils aromatically. Diffusers that use cold air or water are ideal. However, using essential oils aromatically does not require any special diffusing devices. It is so fantastic that I can calm an opponent with an essential oil so there is no need for confrontation.
You can achieve the same health benefits by simply placing a few drops of essential oil in the palm of your hand that is then cupped around the nose as you breathe deeply. Doing this with peppermint and wild orange is so uplifting and I feel so invigorated to begin my day.
Additional aromatic uses For Essential Oils Include:
- Apply oil to a cotton ball and place in the air vents of your vehicle (my horse loves the aroma)
- Mix oils in a spray bottle with water and mist over furniture, carpet, or linens (you know how dank the castle can get)
- Add oil to a batch of laundry or to dryer sheets (what better way for a good nights rest)
- Use in household surface cleaners (truly the castle doesn’t reek of mead)
- Place 2 -4 drops of your favorite oil in a diffuser (this way we can reach 100’s of feet of castle area for calming or uplifting)